Ok, so those of you who have read my other recipes probably already know I am undertaking a ‘spice challenge.’ I am trying to find EASY (and delicious ofcourse) ways to add healthy spices to my meals so that they can give all my cells a super-powerful biochemical pick-me up!
This recipe takes only 30 mins max. And it really makes an incredible side to any meal. I hope you guys give it a try and enjoy it as much as I did. I already love cauliflower, but this gave it so much added flavour.
Lightly adapted from this recipe
1 Head of Cauliflower
1 tbsp Fresh Ginger (grated)
2 tsp Turmeric
5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Cilantro (about 4-5 sprigs), chopped.
Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste – but be generous, black pepper helps your body absorb the turmeric)
Sea Salt to Taste
1.Preheat the oven to 400 C.
2. Wash and separate your cauliflower into small florets (about 1 inch pieces)
3. In a large bowl, blend your grated ginger, turmeric and olive oil.
4. Add the cauliflower to the bowl and make sure the mixture is evenly covering them. Note: I used my hands and they were a little yellow tinged for a day! But the olive oil helps to prevent too much staining from the lovely yellow turmeric.
5. Evenly spread your florets onto a baking sheet, add your pepper (be generous) and a little sea salt.
6. Bake for 20 min, until the cauliflower is a little browned.
7. Add your chopped cilantro and ENJOY!!
I had mine with oven roasted, wild trout and quinoa and it was divine. Also, this made alot of cauliflower for just my husband and I. I added the leftovers to a cold quinoa salad (recipe here) and it was admittedly, my favourite part of the salad at lunch time.
Hope you guys try this out, I have discovered that it is actually so easy to add in all these wonderful spices to my cooking. As always I’d love feedback if you have it.